Ana talks with Mark Williams, the chief Asia economist at Capital Economics, about the state-owned enterprises that dominate the Chinese economy. Are SOEs a cornerstone of the Chinese economy, or a dangerous departure from former reform legacies, and what reforms can be undertaken to roll them back?
Who we areChina Economic Radio is a podcast produced and hosted by Pete Sweeney and Ana Swanson with support from Christopher Beddor and Ada Liu. It focuses on topics related to business and economics in mainland China. The podcast is not owned by and has no official association with China Economic Review magazine, Sinomedia, Thomson Reuters or any other employer of those appearing on the podcast. The views expressed are the casual, occasionally uninformed personal views of the hosts and by no means express any official editorial or corporate position held by any of the corporate entities mentioned above. Please feel free to write to us at letters -atsymbol- chinaeconomicradio.com!
- Episode 25: Wild Ride
- Episode 24: The Great Helmsmen
- Episode 23: March of the penguin
- Episode 22: Inside China’s booming e-commerce market
- Episode 21: Rolling back China’s state-owned enterprises
- Episode 20: China and the US election
- Episode 19: A conversation with Morgan Stanley’s Ruchir Sharma
- Episode 18: Merging Tudou and Youku; Has the RMB hit bottom? Interest rate reform through sketchy wealth management products
- Episode 17: What’s next for the Alibaba Group? A conversation with Zeng Ming
- Episode 16: Who’s afraid of an International Board?